Sara Evans has been a staunch supporter of women in Country music, particularly during the now infamous “Tomato Gate” conversation. So with the release of the track listing of her upcoming album “Words” which will be available worldwide July 21st 2017, it should come as no surprise that the 14 track album is made up of songs written by 14 of some of the industries finest female songwriters, including Sara Evans herself, Ashley Monroe, Caitlyn Smith, Hillary Lindsey, Hillary Scott, Liz Hengber, Sonya Isaacs & more.
Teaming up once again with co-producer Mark Bright, which whom worked with Sara on her 2005 album “Real Fine Place” and 2014’s “Slow Me Down”, “Words” is the first album to be released on Sara’s own record label Born To Fly Records and is somewhat of a family affair, with Sara’s daughter Olivia Evans singing on the lead single “Marquee Sign” and Sara’s siblings Matt Evans, Lesley Evans Lyons and Ashley Evans Simpson providing harmonies on “Night Light”.
Fans can already pre-order “Words” from iTunes and in doing so will receive “Marquee Sign” and “Words” instantly. They can also pre-order the album from Sara’s official website and receive songs “Long Way Down” (June 30th), “I Don’t Trust Myself” (7th July) and “Diving In Deep” (14th July).
Limited edition fan packages are also available for pre-order, where you can choose from several bundles ranging from a signed CD or vinyl alone, with a Sara Evans t-shirt, journal, mug or acoustic guitar. Bundles can be shipped to the UK but please note additional shipping costs across the pond. You can find these packages here.
- Long Way Down (Tammy Rodgers / Liz Hengber / Jerry Salley)
- Marquee Sign (Sara Evans / Jimmy Robbins / Heather Morgan)
- Diving in Deep (Gordie Sampson / Hillary Lindsey / Steve McEwan)
- All the Love You Left Me (Ben West / Hillary Lindsey / Gordie Sampson)
- Like the Way You Love Me (Sara Evans / April Geesbreght / Jason Massey)
- Rain and Fire (Claude Kelley / Charles Harmon)
- Night Light (Daniel Tashian / Jaida Dreyer)
- I Need a River (Marcus Hummon / Darrell Scott / Sonya Isaacs)
- I Don’t Trust Myself (Caitlyn Smith / Gordie Sampson / Steve McEwan)
- Make Room at the Bottom (Ashley Monroe / Brett James)
- Words (David Hodges / Jake Scott / Jimmy Robbins)
- I Want You (Shane Stevens / Victoria Monet)
- Letting You Go (Sara Evans / Emily Shackelton / Victoria Banks)
- A Little Bit Stronger – Acoustic (Hillary Scott / Hillary Lindsey / Luke Laird